vrijdag 18 januari 2013

Traces in the snow 2

It was tiny and it moved about. I soon got what and once again my camera came into action. Hopping about, not an easy target. Patience, Robert, I told myself. Just concentrate and wait for the right moment...
Wonderful, I did feel happy after this. I went on, down the path. There was another shrub waiting if I was not mistaken. The sun came out and changed everything. The wall of the castle turned a kind of orange, exposing all kinds of different stages of building. Some bricks had decayed, leaving holes, the colour was almost the same as the red of the robin in the snow.  


Before I went on, I glanced at the pond. The surface was frozen. The big trees on the other side casted a long shadow on the ice beneath. I loved the subtile shades.  
Some more steps took me to the next subject. The sun emphasized the flowers. I felt excited. But I had to stay calm to get it right. Just take my time to focus, after chosing one or two. I was afraid the sunlight would disappear before I got a chance to press the button, but it didn´t. Of course not...

Next came the round wall of the castle. The park was a bit lower there in comparisson. Opposite the yew trees with their dark green branches and the wall of the church. 

A bit further I saw beechtrees. Their leaves dangling about. The sun made them look lighter.as the ligth came from the other side. 
Over the brigde I went. I had to be careful there. The view on the pond was great. White and grey and the castle from afar.


No ducks to be seen now. God knows where they went, for the time being...I came to the East side now. Big old trees, holly and cornfields behind it. Empty now of course. The sun was still shining..

Birds were hiding in between the leaves. I heared them, but other than some faint movement no sign. Such a pity! I would have loved to have another or try to get another on a picture...never mind...
A bit further I saw an old trunk. The colour matched beautifully with the snow. 
I saw the castle from this point. The windows looked tiny in the vast wall. The view should be great from there on the pond too. In summer with the ducks or spring with the frogs ´singing´ or in winter now...

Just in front of my feet I noticed daffodils popping up. Due to the warm weather before the cold set in, they had managed to grow and even produce some flowers, ready to at the first sign of more warmth get in bloom...new life, while everything seemed dead...



Another bend in the path. Nearly there, back to the gate. I could hear my stomach. Ah, it must be late by now. No idea how long I had been wandering about...completely lost track of time. But I did begin feeling a bit peckish...haha. 
Then I noticed the ducks house in the pond. Another picture, go on Robert...
The hedge also had wonderful colours and texture. Nicely trimmed too. Some job...

On the small bridge the snow was glistening on a wooden rim. I did not expect much of it as I tried to catch it in another pic. But I thing I did come out fine...

I took my bike up, went through the red gate in the old brick wall. I noticed the green moss on it. Just slung my leg as I sat down. I felt all inspired. By nature, by beauty, by the history of the castle. I imagined the nobele inhabitants of the castle feeling cold, suffering of mold, of bad plumbing of insects and mice, moaning about the dogs droppings, the costs of the place and their ever troubling rheumatism...I sincerely hoped I was very wrong about it. If only the man would not have worn his wax coat, his hat and no beagle. It just emphasized the prejudices of the ´Lord of the Manor´ and all that came with it. For all I know they were happy. Just as I was, cycling home with my warm cap and gloves on my simple bike. Looking forward to a good lunch in our cosy warm home and Fred returning with his pics and a content smile...knowing  ´Life is good´. And beautiful and inspiring, no matter how long you are in it. As long as you open your eyes...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten