vrijdag 18 januari 2013

JUBILEE OR DOUBLE TREAT

Today, instead writing in Dutch, I wanted to try something new. It is like a kind of treat to myself and to you my readers as well. First off I had been thinking of doing this, just a thrill, and secondly I wanted to celebrate. It has now been about 18 months since I first started writing on this blog. Around Midsummer and I had been very doubtful wether or not someone ´out there´ would be interested enough to read, let alone enjoy the ´fruits of my hand´. Well, as it turns out, they do and they did. I am happy to announce that recently I had the 10,000st hit on my blog. To me it is amazing. It humbles me, feeling a lot of gratitude. And looking back at who my readers are, they are not only from the Netherlands, but also from other parts of Europe and the world. I want to thank you all, amazing. So this next story now I wrote in English. I do apologize to all readers who are not that familiar with reading in English, the next one will be in Dutch again.
Now, as I am very curious about my readers I want to ask you something. No no, no money or anything. I just have some questions for you, which I hope you can react to anonimously, that would be very nice.
It concerns espacially those who live outside the Netherlands. Here are my questions to you...
1. Are you Dutch and living abroad?
2. If so, permanently or temporarely?
3. If you are not Dutch, is it possible to have my writings translated in your own language?
4. Do you read other blogs as well?
5. If you could make a choice would you prefer to read it in Dutch or English or don´t you care either way?
6..Suppose I would write a book, would you buy it, you think?
Thank you so much for answering! Robert

Het spijt me geweldig voor diegenen die geen Engels lezen. Ik leg in het bovenstaande stukje uit, dat ik zin had in wat nieuws én dat ik wat te vieren heb. Na amper anderhalf jaar dat mijn blog bestaat, hebben mensen 10.000 keer ingelogd en gelezen. Ik vind dat verbazingwekkend, kon dat van te voren niet bevroeden. En daar onder veel Nederlanders en Vlamingen, maar ook mensen uit andere delen van Europa en zelfs de wereld.  Ik wil een ieder hartelijk bedanken, het maakt me nederig en een klein beetje trots!  Om het te vieren, wil ik voor één keer een stukje te schrijven in het Engels. Maak je niet dik, de volgende zal zeker weer in het Nederlands zijn. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten